Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 | technology, Uncategorized | Comments Off
Teachers, do you feel that e-learning is not for you?
Do you believe that there are insurmountable barriers preventing you from using technology in your classrooms?
Most of the barriers you perceive are not real – they only exist in your mind. And with a bit of effort you can overcome them.
Think about the following:
Barrier #1: My school does not have computer facilities for the learners and therefore e-learning is not possible.
So what? Start building your own digital skills so that when technology devices become available for the learners, you will know how to use them to improve the classroom experience for them. e-Learning starts with you, not with technology devices.
Barrier #2: The children in my class know more about technology than I do.
Use this situation to your advantage. Children love to show off their skills. Remember, a conductor of an orchestra is not a master of all musical instruments, but draws on the skill of each expert musician to produce beautiful music. Even with a basic understanding of technology (but with your experience of teaching) you can transform your classroom into an interactive symphony.
Barrier #3: I am technically challenged.
Get over it! Years ago many of us said that we will never be able to use a cell phone … and look at us today! If you put your mind to it, also this barrier will dissolve.
The real barriers to e-learning are not a lack of money, or a lack of physical resources, or a lack of a background in technology, but rather an unwillingness to get out of a cosy, comfortable corner and taking the effort to learn to use new tools.
- Wayne of BlackBoard applauds the #motheoconf2013 for having a Twitter stream, displayed to all conference attendees. Tweeted 2 hours ago
- "Lecturers, e-learning starts with you," says Wayne of BlackBoard. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 2 hours ago
- Since this space is now used for advertising ... MUSTEK and LEZMIN are your premium technology partners in the Free State. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 6 hours ago
- Seeing that this space is now used for advertising... remember that MUSTEK and LEZMIN are your premium Free State technology partners. Tweeted 6 hours ago
- #motheoconf2013 The Telkom guy says connectivity is key for FET education... he would say that, wouldn't he! Tweeted 7 hours ago
A calender of all posts to date