Teachers may have many questions about owning a laptop. This page serves as a point of reference to some of these questions.
You are invited to browse around and leave a comment or ask additional question. You may do so on the relevant blog entries, or email your comments to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would like this Laptop for Teachers intitiative to be a ‘work in progress’ with participation from all of you. In this way those of you who are already accomplished laptop users can share your experience with your colleagues who are yet to come to grips with the issue.
These blog postings have been published in the book Laptops for Teachers and thousands of copies have been sponsored to be distributed at no cost to teachers who do not yet have access to the internet.
SECTION 1: HOW WILL A LAPTOP BENEFIT ME?
SECTION 2: WHAT WILL IT COST ME TO OWN A LAPTOP?
SECTION 3: HOW DO I LEARN TO USE A LAPTOP?
SECTION 4: HOW SHOULD I CARE FOR MY LAPTOP?
20 What is RAM?
SECTION 5: WHAT PROTECTION DO I NEED?
SECTION 6: ADDITIONAL ARTICLES
- Education has been in a downward spiral for some time ... has it now gone into free fall? Tweeted 2 days ago
- Whose responsibility is it to train teachers to use classroom technology? wp.me/p23NXx-6H Tweeted 2 days ago
- @markcarolissen Latitude allows for expanding the mind and to develop workable solutions ... I applaud you for using the opportunity. Tweeted 3 days ago
- @neiltyson @RichardDawkins Fortunately ample data is available in the physical world around us to support belief in creation and a creator. Tweeted 3 days ago
- Moving from a no-technology classroom to one that is rich in technology is not an easy journey ... but it's possible. Tweeted 3 days ago
A calender of all posts to date