Around the world computer based training (CBT) has been used for many years, with excellent results. Millions of people have already benefited from this mode of training.
CBT is a system of training where a computer provides instructional material, instead of a teacher in a classroom. This type of training is particularly useful when people do not have access to training courses in the area where they live, or when great numbers of people need to be trained within a relatively short space of time.
What role could CBT play in helping you to learn to use your laptop?
When you think about the hundreds of thousands of teachers who will need laptop training over the next few years, CBT may seem a very attractive option. “Use computers to train them,” some may argue. But consider the dilemma: how could one use technology to teach technology to people who may not know the first thing about technology? This reminds one of the chicken-and-egg problem – which one comes first? How can a teacher gain enough knowledge of technology to be able to use technology to gain more knowledge?
A sensible approach is therefore required. A person who has never used technology before needs to be taught some basics before it’s possible to use the computer for further training. Some reach that point sooner than others – don’t despair if you find that you need more hand-holding than your peers.
A laptop could unlock the world of technology to teachers. It should therefore be a goal of every teacher to reach the point where the laptop is used as a learning tool – and this includes the use of CBT. It will save training time and effort, and it will also demonstrate the value of technology to you in a very real way.
There are two important bits of advice for you to remember:
- Don’t be forced into using CBT material until you are comfortable using it.
- Endeavour to reach a point rapidly where you can use CBT, since it will unlock the door to many opportunities for you.
Click here to find answers to more laptop related questions.
3 Comments to Does computer based training work?
- Publishers must provide content that FET colleges can put into their Learning Management Systems ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 9 hours ago
- FET colleges must "e" ... says Malcolm of Macmillan. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 9 hours ago
- Seek an educational solution of an educaitonal problem, not a technology solution for an educational problem. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 9 hours ago
- Money can't put right what our sham education system has left out over the course of a learner's schooling ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 9 hours ago
- He that does not know that he does not know, does not know that he does not know (Peter Mkhari) #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 9 hours ago
A calender of all posts to date