Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 | education
It is possible for teachers to succeed in using technology in their classrooms. The following snippets of advice may be encouraging to them:
The wise teacher who gets stuck with technology never hesitates to ask a colleague for assistance or for advice.
While some teachers are comfortable exploring and creating ICT content on their own, others need it in neatly packaged format.
Your ICT equipment manual – though of limited value in learning how to use the tool – is a quick reference when needed.
What makes it easier for some teachers to come to grips with ICT? 4 things: prior exposure, effort, aptitude and attitude.
Once teachers have become computer literate they must be given the opportunity to keep up to date with the latest ICT releases.
It is useful if a teacher has basic computer skills before attempting to learn how to use an interactive whiteboard.
A big difference exists between a teacher receiving training to use ICT in the classroom and a teacher being skilled to do so.
Teachers don’t have to understand the underlying technology of ICTs – all they need to know is how to use them for teaching.
Teachers who want to make a difference in the lives of learners recognize that technology is already a part of learners’ lives.
When ICT is introduced into a school, a teacher can succeed, but the teaching style of teachers has to change … and that’s not as easy as you may think! But if there is a will, there is a way!
- Publishers must provide content that FET colleges can put into their Learning Management Systems ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- FET colleges must "e" ... says Malcolm of Macmillan. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- Seek an educational solution of an educaitonal problem, not a technology solution for an educational problem. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- Money can't put right what our sham education system has left out over the course of a learner's schooling ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- He that does not know that he does not know, does not know that he does not know (Peter Mkhari) #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
A calender of all posts to date