Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 | security
With the increase of crime in many of our communities, it is important to secure the school’s ICT resources. Consider whether all of the following are in place in your school:
The ceiling: a favourite entry point for criminals – if your ceiling is not made of concrete, reinforce it with steel mesh.
The walls: if not made of brick and mortar, they must be built up to enhance security.
The windows: must be secured – a minimum requirement is strong burglar bars.
The door: a steel safe door, or a steel security cage, should protect the entrance to your school’s computer room.
An alarm system: with motion detection equipment must be installed to protect valuable ICT resources.
These thoughs were tweeted by @e4africa with the tag #ictschooltip.
5 Comments to A few tips to secure your school’s ICT resources
- Publishers must provide content that FET colleges can put into their Learning Management Systems ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- FET colleges must "e" ... says Malcolm of Macmillan. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- Seek an educational solution of an educaitonal problem, not a technology solution for an educational problem. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- Money can't put right what our sham education system has left out over the course of a learner's schooling ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- He that does not know that he does not know, does not know that he does not know (Peter Mkhari) #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
A calender of all posts to date