Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 | ICT in Africa, technology
In his budget speech this morning, MEC Donald grant said the following, after discussing his plans for broadband connectivity for schools:
But there is no doubt in my mind that in the next 3-5 years that there is a very real prospect that we will dramatically improve the levels of information technology in our schools and in so doing enhance learner outcomes.
This comes on the back of the successful implementation of the Khanya programme, which is now only one year from completion. Just two weeks ago, I opened the 1 329th Khanya facility in the Province. Therefore we have only 195 more schools to go.
This progamme has been recognized as the most successful roll-out of technology of schools on the whole continent.
Just imagine – the most successful roll-out of technology of schools on the whole continent! This is something of which one can indeed be proud.
19 Comments to MEC Grant on Khanya
- Publishers must provide content that FET colleges can put into their Learning Management Systems ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- FET colleges must "e" ... says Malcolm of Macmillan. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- Seek an educational solution of an educaitonal problem, not a technology solution for an educational problem. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- Money can't put right what our sham education system has left out over the course of a learner's schooling ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- He that does not know that he does not know, does not know that he does not know (Peter Mkhari) #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
A calender of all posts to date