Saturday, October 30th, 2010 | laptops
Teachers thronged to the Cape Teaching and Leadership Institute in Kuilsriver today for the long awaited launch of the Teacher Laptop Initiative.
Two and a half years after the promise of laptops for teachers was first made, it has now become a reality for some teachers. An unexpected large crowd pitched up for the event.
Different hardware vendors displayed their products and distributed information to prospective buyers.
300 copies of the book Laptops for Teachers, sponsored by one of the suppliers, were given away to teachers. Many were disappointed when stocks ran out.
The interest in laptops displayed by teachers is heart-warming – it bodes well for e-learning in the Western Cape.
For more pictures of the event, see the Afrikaans version of this posting.
4 Comments to Teacher Laptop Initiative Launch in the Western Cape
- Wayne of BlackBoard applauds the #motheoconf2013 for having a Twitter stream, displayed to all conference attendees. Tweeted 6 hours ago
- "Lecturers, e-learning starts with you," says Wayne of BlackBoard. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 6 hours ago
- Since this space is now used for advertising ... MUSTEK and LEZMIN are your premium technology partners in the Free State. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 10 hours ago
- Seeing that this space is now used for advertising... remember that MUSTEK and LEZMIN are your premium Free State technology partners. Tweeted 10 hours ago
- #motheoconf2013 The Telkom guy says connectivity is key for FET education... he would say that, wouldn't he! Tweeted 11 hours ago
A calender of all posts to date