Sunday, October 3rd, 2010 | e-Learning pioneers
The e-pioneer regards good as bad when excellence is available.
“I’ve been a teacher for years and my tried and tested methods and tools are good enough for me,” some teachers may say when confronted with technology.
True, many teachers are good at what they are doing – but just imagine how much better they can be if they use available technology! The different ways in which computers, interactive whiteboards and other technology devices can enhance the classroom experience are well documented. Of course, it is agreed that these tools have little value, unless they are in the hands of skilled teachers.
Teachers may be good. But they can be much better – in fact, excellent – when they embrace technology.
The task of the e-pioneer is to convince teachers of the value of technology. During training sessions it is not enough to teach them which buttons to press. Go beyond this point and help them to understand why and how technology can make a difference to their quality of teaching. Show them the possible ways in which they can become better teachers; demonstrate to them the things they will be able to do with technology, which are not possible without it.
Our children deserve the very best. Good technology is bad unless it is skilfully harnessed by excellent teachers. The converse is also true – when excellent technology tools are available but not used, good teaching is just not good enough.
Click here for more food for thought for e-pioneers.
3 Comments to Good teacher + technology = excellent teaching
- Publishers must provide content that FET colleges can put into their Learning Management Systems ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 5 hours ago
- FET colleges must "e" ... says Malcolm of Macmillan. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 5 hours ago
- Seek an educational solution of an educaitonal problem, not a technology solution for an educational problem. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 6 hours ago
- Money can't put right what our sham education system has left out over the course of a learner's schooling ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 6 hours ago
- He that does not know that he does not know, does not know that he does not know (Peter Mkhari) #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 6 hours ago
A calender of all posts to date