Sunday, February 21st, 2010 | e-Learning pioneers
The word pioneer evokes the image of an early settler in an uninhabited, hostile territory. We think of pioneers as adventurers, people who are willing to make personal sacrifices to find a better life for themselves and others.
The term pioneer is nowadays applied to anyone venturing into unknown areas – not only geographical ones, but also areas of science and thought.
An e-pioneer is one who moves around the world of technology, discovering how it can enhance teaching and learning, and then mapping out a path for others to follow.
If you see yourself as an e-pioneer, you have to be many things. Among others, you need to be:
Quite a challenge! But if you have a pioneering spirit – a sense of adventure and a keen desire to bring about a better education system – you can do it.
Click here for more food for thought for e-pioneers.
6 Comments to What is an e-pioneer?
- Publishers must provide content that FET colleges can put into their Learning Management Systems ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- FET colleges must "e" ... says Malcolm of Macmillan. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- Seek an educational solution of an educaitonal problem, not a technology solution for an educational problem. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- Money can't put right what our sham education system has left out over the course of a learner's schooling ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
- He that does not know that he does not know, does not know that he does not know (Peter Mkhari) #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 1 day ago
A calender of all posts to date