Archive for February, 2013
Monday, February 4th, 2013 | Blogging, e-Learning pioneers, technology | Comments Off
Ask this question to different people and you will get different responses:
Vendors of tablets may point to some schools where ebooks are already in use and argue that they are a reality in many schools and that other schools are catching on at lightning speed.
Education departments, in general, have little to say about this topic.
Only a small percentage of teachers want to see ebooks in their classrooms … the majority will hang onto printed ones for as long as they can.
So, what is the real uptake of ebooks in South African schools? The folks that know best are the book publishers. They should be able to tell us how ebook distribution compares with that of printed textbooks.
The biggest supplier of textbooks to schools in South Africa reckons that “SA schools [are] still slow to catch on with ebooks”.
- Education has been in a downward spiral for some time ... has it now gone into free fall? Tweeted 3 days ago
- Whose responsibility is it to train teachers to use classroom technology? wp.me/p23NXx-6H Tweeted 3 days ago
- @markcarolissen Latitude allows for expanding the mind and to develop workable solutions ... I applaud you for using the opportunity. Tweeted 4 days ago
- @neiltyson @RichardDawkins Fortunately ample data is available in the physical world around us to support belief in creation and a creator. Tweeted 4 days ago
- Moving from a no-technology classroom to one that is rich in technology is not an easy journey ... but it's possible. Tweeted 4 days ago