Archive for August 7th, 2012
Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 | education | Comments Off
The responses that you will receive to this question are likely to be loaded with much emotion! The facts, however, are rather simple.
When teachers own a personal computer or laptop they can do more work in less time with less effort; techonology also helps teachers to improve teaching and learning in the classroom. It follows that it is in the interest of everyone – the teacher, the school, the education authorities and, of course, the children – for every teacher to be equipped with the necessary ICT tools.
If education authorities are serious about productivity and improved teaching and learning, they will provide teachers with tools for personal and classroom use. Responsible employers provide their employees with the tools of their trade.
Where education authorities are not yet in a position to provide technology to all teachers (granted, in South Africa it is a huge undertaking to provide technology to about 400 000 teachers), school principals who are serious about productivity and quality of teaching will consider the investment required to provide teachers in their schools with relevant technology.
If the school or education department does not provide ICT to its employees, teachers should consider buying their own equipment. It would not be in their interest to wait indefinitely, while the world around them is becoming technology rich. Just as working for another qualification will enhance the professional stature of a teacher, so would acquiring technology and the skills to use it lift the teacher to new levels of professionalism. As they say, “no pain, no gain”.
Not too difficult to figure this out!
- Publishers must provide content that FET colleges can put into their Learning Management Systems ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- FET colleges must "e" ... says Malcolm of Macmillan. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- Seek an educational solution of an educaitonal problem, not a technology solution for an educational problem. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- Money can't put right what our sham education system has left out over the course of a learner's schooling ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- He that does not know that he does not know, does not know that he does not know (Peter Mkhari) #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago