Archive for July, 2012
Monday, July 9th, 2012 | Miscelaneous | Comments Off
Jimmy Daniels is a 30 year old black man who is deaf from birth. When I managed the Khanya project we employed him as a messenger (seven years ago), but soon discovered that he was capable of much more. Within a short while he became computer literate and he was then used to do data capturing and to perform other office duties. As his technology skills increased, he became responsible for reproduction of CDs and DVDs for education institutions. He also handled filing, mailing of materials to 1 400 schools, and was always willing to accept any task assigned to him.
He is honest, reliable and once he understands what must be done, hardly ever makes a mistake. Being deaf, he is not distracted at all by office chatter and so he remains focused on his job. He is a good lip reader and can use his voice to some extent, so communicating with him is not much of a problem.
When Khanya came to an end in March 2012, Jimmy became unemployed. If you are in the Cape Town area and have a vacancy for him, please contact me. You’ll have a solid worker on whom you can depend.
Thursday, July 5th, 2012 | e-Learning pioneers, education | 2 Comments
The book is entitled “Teaching and e-Learning in the South African Classroom” and is published by MacMillan. It was launced as an e-book and can be ordered on-line. Hard copies will be available soon.
- Publishers must provide content that FET colleges can put into their Learning Management Systems ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- FET colleges must "e" ... says Malcolm of Macmillan. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- Seek an educational solution of an educaitonal problem, not a technology solution for an educational problem. #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- Money can't put right what our sham education system has left out over the course of a learner's schooling ... #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago
- He that does not know that he does not know, does not know that he does not know (Peter Mkhari) #motheoconf2013 Tweeted 3 days ago